Thursday 19 November 2009

Christmas Carol Conspiracy

Every year I have this debate with the Congregation, the Choir, the Youth Group and the Sunday School Leaders about how early we can start singing Christmas Carol's at St John's.

My stance is not until Advent is out and I endure the Bah Humbug insults and eventually compromise with having the St John's Carol Concert during the evening of the last Sunday in Advent, which this year is 20 December at 7.00 pm - do come along its always a good sing, finishing off with mulled wine and Christmas Pies. Earlier that day the Sunday School will perform their Christmas play at 10.00 am.

Having reached that amicable compromise which seemed to keep everyone happy I return to the Rectory to hear Bilbo the Parrot belting out "We wish you a happy Christmas" at the top of his voice, which is quite loud and I expect you can hear him from there!

What I want to know is who taught him that?

1 comment: