Tuesday 8 December 2009

Bells smells and Golf


What a great few days it has been here in Moray. On thursday, having been here for just over six years as priest in charge, I was installed as Rector at St John's Forres. The service was on thursday, the Feast Day of Francis Xavier and the fifteenth anniversary of my priesting. Bishop Mark presided and despite my anxious anticipation said nothing embarrassing in the sermon. The service was a High Mass with bells and smells followed by a sumptuous feast in the Rectory which turned into a very enjoyable evening indeed.

Today, tuesday, has been a wonderful day with clear blue skies, a bit of frost and an excellent game of golf on the Moray Old Course at Lossiemouth, made all the more enjoyable as my partner Bill and I cruised to an easy 3 & 2 victory.

Things go down hill a bit tomorrow as I have to be up at the crack of dawn to catch the 06.35 train from Inverness to Edinburgh to attend the Rural Futures Day Conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment