Friday 27 November 2009

New Rector for St John's Forres


Tiz the season for looking forward in anticipation and the coming week is full of anticipation, especially Thursday 3 December.

Firstly Thursday is the Feast Day of Francis Xavier and is the 15 anniversary of my priesting.

Secondly Thursday is the day that St John's Forres will install their new Rector. I suppose it is often the case on occasions like this that the congregation may wonder "what will the new Rector be like?"

Well I can answer that question with a degree of certainty in that the new Rector will be much like the outgoing Priest in Charge!

You see I really will become "Rambling Rector" on Thursday because St John's have adopted a new Constitution which necessitates my resigning as Priest in Charge and being installed as Rector.

I am anticipating the service with a mixture of joy and apprehension. The Sanctuary Bell is polished and the Rosa Mystica is ready! The service is at 6.30 pm do come if you can, otherwise keep St John's and me in prayers.

3 comments:

  1. Will certainly keep you in mind - I'll be in the diocese, if not quite the right area, on Friday as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this promotion doesn't go to your head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You scared me! And I'm not even there anymore! Thanks for the set-up. Someday, when you'll have fulfilled your priestly duties and golf become a bore (hah), you can take up writing suspense novels. :-)

    ReplyDelete