Tuesday 3 November 2009

Good Driving Day & Good Putting Day















The Old Course Lossiemouth, Moray


Most amateur golfers will tell you that sometimes they have a good 'driving day' and sometimes they have a good 'putting day' and every now and again you have a good driving day AND a good putting day. I had one of those days today, much to the annoyance I may add, of the priest and head teacher that I was playing with!

The greens were soft from the recent rain, there was little or no wind which is very unusual for a links course like Lossiemouth, and the sun was shining. All in all a great morning and the best possible way to spend a day off.

Moray is an idyllic place to live and I really count my blessings on days like today playing golf alongside the Moray Firth with views northwards to Ross Shire and Sutherland, the occasional deer or hare darting across the fairway, a wee dram at the 10th, it really doesn't get much better than this. I just wish there were more Tuesdays in the week!

2 comments:

  1. Golf is over for the season here in Maine. It does sound like you had an idyllic day. With my move over the summer and all the rain we had early on and then in September and October, I didn't get to play much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We get to play all year round here. The Moray coasts enjoys a micro climate and although we are in the North of Scotland the weather is rarely bad enough to stop us playing at least once a week.

    ReplyDelete